Thursday, April 19, 2012

Train Expert , Is it 90 days or 3 months

Will need to book passage on TGV soon. They say that one can book no sooner than 90 days. So, maybe this is a foolish question, but, is 90 days the same as 3 months or must I account for the fact that there are 31 days in May and July?




|||



%26quot;They say that one can book no sooner than 90 days. %26quot;





last I checked 90 days equals 90 days!





Therefore, you need to count 90 days back from the date you intend to travel on the TGV.





Hey look at the bright side, if you get it wrong your only out a couple of days, is that such a big deal?




|||



No expert here, but it seems to be 3 months. For example, you can book Aug 5th now (3 month but 92 days). This evening after 6 pm, you can probably book Aug 6 (due to time difference). It did make difference when I booked our Paris to Lausanne trip for July 25. I booked the evening of Apr 24 paid 100E for 4, but next morning the fare became 192E for 4.




|||



From what I have been reading, it does make a difference in price, if I am able to book quickly when tickets become available.



Thanks.




|||



I have had the experience a few times that trying to book 90 days exactly, I didn%26#39;t get the option of %26quot;prem%26quot; (deep discount) fares, but when I waited a couple of days (thinking there just weren%26#39;t any so it wouldn%26#39;t make a difference) they turned up. Doesn%26#39;t make sense, but there it is - so if you don%26#39;t see the discounts when you try to book, just wait a day or two and it may be there the next time (to test that, if you%26#39;re not seeing %26quot;prem%26quot; fares for the date you really want, try changing the date to three or four days earlier and if that turns up %26quot;prem%26quot; tickets then wait a couple of days and try again for the dates you really want). Good luck!




|||



Thanks, BT, I%26#39;ll keep that in mind and not panic right away.




|||



For those of you who might want to look up the correct answer, it%26#39;s found on www.voyages-sncf.com.





The correct answer is 3 calendar months, which may or may not equal 90 days.





The SNCF also has implemented a feature called %26quot;Alterte RĂ©sa%26quot; which will text message or email you when the tickets your want go on sale (no word yet if they are using Twitter).





www.voyages-sncf.com/AlerteResa/notifier…




|||



That is so cool!




|||



I wanted a ticket to Amsterdam for June 14. I was online at midnight March 13 (Paris time) and just waited for the clock to go into the 14th, and indeed I got the smoove fare (I think that%26#39;s what it is called) for 25 euro (one way).

No comments:

Post a Comment