Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vintage Motorcycle Tour of France WW2 places of interest

My father is 80 and still galavants around on his 1940%26#39;s Norton International. For some time he has been hinting that he would like to spend a week in France with me on one of his other bikes, to tour the best of the WW%26quot; places to see (not the tacky ones). He is no stranger to travelling 200miles a day and hence is not restricted to Normandy.





We will probably have another family member come over with a support van in case of bike trouble and we will probably stay at more than one location.





What I am desperate to put together is an itinerary with associated recommendations on where to stay, where to visit, where to eat...





Any and all help or comments will be warmly received; and help me fulfil my Dad%26#39;s dream




|||



what a most odd posting. The odd part is that I took a tour into France and Germany to go to an antique motorcycle meet. It was put on by the European Indian Motorcycle club. I am in the US. Granted this is about 15 years ago. My suggestion is to search google for automotive groups and museums in France. There are likely antique clubs and norton clubs. They would be able to help point you in the right directly. It might be fun to see if they are having any riding events, and plan your trip around that event. That%26#39;s what I did. Good luck.




|||



hey guys





any ideas when you%26#39;l be going?





im on a solo bike trip around normandy from 15-22 May 2009. havent planned anything (although the WW2 sights will get seen) just gonna hit the road and get the wheels rolling.





Drop me a line if you%26#39;l be around, or if you%26#39;ve been and have any recommendations.





Keep her between the ditches!




|||



What%26#39;s a tacky WWII site?



I only know of bunkers and battle fioelds where many men gave their lives to free Europe of Nazism.

No comments:

Post a Comment