Wednesday, April 25, 2012

bought a paris viste from raileurope...but slightly confused

I was ordering my eurostar ticket on raileurope.ca which was doing a discount..so thought I mind as well get my paris viste as well.





I received it, but I%26#39;m just a little confused with its form. I was sort of expecting a plastic card, but instead it was sort of like paper card.





(looks like this....



http://paris.metropasses.com/images/paris_metro_pass.gif) I%26#39;ve read that I have to keep both together at all times.





So when it comes to using it, how do I go about doing that? I was expecting like a card with a mag stripe that i can swipe or some proximity detector...





any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!




|||



The picture is of the carrier for the actual Paris Visite ticket. You need to write your name on this in the spaces provided and keep it with the ticket.





The actual ticket, like all metro tickets, is a piece of card roughly an inch wide and three inches long, with a magnetic stripe on the back. You put this into a slot on the front of the metro entry turnstile, mag stripe down. The turnstile spits the ticket out of a slot on top, you collect it, and the turnstile gates open.





Just watch the other passengers before you try it the first time!




|||



got it thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment