Thursday, April 19, 2012

La Vallee Village, should we go there?

My friend and I are going to Paris for a shopping weekend, start july.



We talked about visiting the Vallee Village on a sunday.



Is it worth the drive?



Ladies, please let me know.





Tina.




|||



Depends o what you are looking for. The prices are lower, but not cheap.




|||



It%26#39;s an outlet mall -- good news is, you can get there in about an hour via the RER-A train line.





I don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s worth the drive, but it depends on what you%26#39;re looking for.




|||



My wife and I took the RER there today. We walked through in about 30 minutes. We didn%26#39;t find the prices to be a big savings, they are cheaper if you believe the pricing that they post between retail and the Vallee. We couldn%26#39;t justify the conversion to CAD as it still didn%26#39;t seem like a deal. If you are into designer named stuff though, it could offer you some savings.




|||



You can get the RER from central Paris to La Vallee, about 40 mins from memory. There%26#39;s a huge shopping centre that you walk through first to get to the outlet section. I wandered for a few hours and didn%26#39;t find anything I was interested in buying, but my daughter found some cheap ski gear and my niece bought something in Comptoir des Cotonniers. But was it worth the journey for 2 purchases - probably not for us, but if your sole of purpose of visit to Paris is shopping, then maybe it is. My nieces, who live in Paris are very fond of the rue Etienne Marcel/rue Montmartre area in the 1st arrondissement for shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment