Saturday, April 21, 2012

Boulogne Billancourt area experience?

I will be going to Paris in June for business and staying for two weeks in the Boulogne Billancourt area. I have stayed on the Champs Elysees and near the University / Parthenon for up to two weeks, but never in Boulogne Billancourt. I know I can get anywhere from the local M but was curious about other travelers / business travelers who have stayed in this area.





1) Aside from the parks, is there much to do or see?



Is it a typical suburb or does it have some life to it?





2) Any favorite restaurants or bars in the area? When in Paris I live French and like the local fare, but a cheeseburger (avec ketchup, sans oeuf) can be nice every so often!





Thanks in advance.




|||



photo of typical street in B-B: …wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Boulogne_streets.JPG



parts of the area used to be working class and the Renault factory was located there. As far as suburbs go, it is practically in Paris now and, being on the more fashionable west side, attracts up-and-comers.As in everywhere in France, or Europe for that matter, there are good restaurants, bars etc. B-B, though, isn%26#39;t very touristy, which can be a definite PLUS for discriminating tourists and fun and games are onl ya few minutes away by Metro.




|||



I have worked there several years, and I don%26#39;t think there is much attraction for tourists. It has some good restaurants and a shopping mall, but a very limited nightlife (compared to Paris intra muros).





Parts of the city show its %26quot;blue-collar%26quot; past, but it is becoming increasingly expensive and posh.





For that very reason, it hosts a few high-end restaurants, such as L%26#39;Ile (…cityvox.fr/restaurants_boulogne-billancourt…)




|||



I%26#39;ve worked in that area and my daughter has a pal there. It feels like a sleepy Parisian neighborhood and I%26#39;ve stumbled upon plenty of treasures over the course of time. 1930%26#39;s architecture is one of the highlights I recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment