Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Has anyone stayed here in Goult?

I%26#39;m looking at what appears to be a grouping of several new homes right outside of Goult. The names are Maison Caroline, Rose, Kali, Daudet, etc. Has anyone stayed here?





I need a place for two weeks with internet access that has at least two bedrooms and isn%26#39;t terribly expensive. The pool and yard also intrigued me.





I definitely want to stay in the Lacoste/Bonnieux/Menerbes/Goult area.





What I don%26#39;t want are places that right on top of each other, noisy, etc.





If anyone has stayed here I%26#39;d love to hear about it. Or if anyone knows of another place, I%26#39;d love other suggestions.




|||



I guess a website link would help. :)





www.greatrentals.com/rental-property/p510022i




|||



Did you stay there? If so would you recommend it? We%26#39;re looking at one of those houses for this June.




|||



I can%26#39;t help you yet, but we have the Villa Italienne booked for May, 2009. I%26#39;ll write a review when I get back from I hope will be a wonderful time in the Luberon.




|||



Here is more information I’ve gathered from correspondence with the owner of the villa group and from various web sites. I hope and assume it’s generally accurate.





The owner renovated part of the village of Goult, resulting in a dozen villas, eight of which are vacation rentals. They are maisons de village in a quiet hameau, or compound. They are on the edge of town, just 3 minutes walking to the centre of the village for shopping, restaurant, case, post office, etc.





When I inquired about the differences in the houses, the owner informed me that the Maison de Carmen has one of the very prettiest views over the Luberon in the group. The deciding difference for me was the arrangement of bedrooms and bathrooms, ie, bed sizes, baths vs showers, etc.





Here’s a website for most of the houses and contact information for the owner. http://www.locations-du-luberon.com/



Here’s a website with lots of photos for the Villa Italienne. You can probably find the other houses here with a little searching. purefrance.com/84010/self-catering-rental-ho…





I chose Goult because it seems to be a lovely village with the necessities of life (two boulangeries), and it’s in a central location to see the Luberan. It’s also positioned well to leave the Luberon to go to Avignon, Arles, Aix, Orange, etc. I’ve read very nice things about Goult in the Slow Travel forums. Goult is relatively level, so walking with the toddler in the family will be easier than in the perched villages.




|||



Thanks Elizbuth,



I found those sites and a number of other agents who offer one or other of the villas:



Charminghouses.net; BertrandVacance; Arbitel.fr; Cyberentals.co,; belair-villas and fewo-direct.



We have settled on Maison du Carmen which was previously apparently called Maison du Fada - our contract has it as number 4.



The charming houses website has 9 of the villas with plenty of photographs.



I%26#39;ld ,love to hear what you think of them and any tips you have for Goult.



Hope you have a great holiday




|||



I%26#39;m in Goult right now, and I couldn%26#39;t be happier! We%26#39;re in house #2, the Villa Italienne, and it is exactly as described on the internet sites except that the pool hasn%26#39;t been cleaned and made ready for the season yet. I hadn%26#39;t planned on using it anyway because the cool nights would cool it off too much.





The living room in the house is huge, the kitchen is well outfitted with dishes, cooking utensils, etc. The bathrooms are a nice size, and the beds are firm. This house only has two WCs, but that hasn%26#39;t been an issue with only 6 of us here.





Goult is a wonderful little town. There are two very nice boulangeries and an epicirie that has everything you could possibly need. We had expected to have to drive to an Intermarche to stock up, but this epicerie has everthing, including charcoal for the grill. There are several restaurants



in Goult, and it%26#39;s a quick drive to Bonnieux, Menerbes,etc. Coustellet appears to have interesting restaurants and shops, but we were there on a Sunday when everything was closed.





Overall, I%26#39;m delighted with the house and the town.




|||



Great to hear - I cant wait for our holiday. Hope you enjoy the rest of yours.



Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment