Monday, April 23, 2012

Marseille Train Stations....

Good Evening,





I need some helping figuring out the trains in Marseille. I am going from Paris to Avignon and I found out it is the cheapest way to travel is to fly from Paris to Marseille and take a train to Avignon. The problem is know how much time I need in between the flight and train. Can somebody please advise if the train station is actually at the airport or someplace else? I see the train station is Marseille Vitrolles Aerport but is it actually at the airport? Any advise will be appreciated!!!





Thanks



Jessica




|||



Vitrolles Station is the nearest to the airport and a shuttle bus operates between the two taking about 10 minutes. This is a fairly recent development and hence the somewhat confusing change of name. The servce schedule is on the Marseilles Aeroport website.




|||



Hello,



I checked AirFrance and SNCF websites and there is not a huge difference between a flight to Marseille and a TGV ticket directly to Avignon. With the bullet train it is a short ride to Avignon all things considered.



If I missed something and you still find flying into MRS is better, there is a shuttle bus from the Marseille Provence Airport to the Marseille Saint Charles train station.



Here is the link to the shuttle schedule: www.mrsairport.com/eng/acces/acces_bus.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment