Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ask for the best way to go from Avignon to Aix and then Nice

Dear friends in the forum, I%26#39;m planning a trip in early June covering Provence and Cote-d%26#39;Aure. First-time trip. I%26#39;ll stay in Avignon for 4 nights, visiting the surrounding towns. Than I%26#39;ll go from Avignon to Aix, staying in Aix for one night. May anyone tell me should I go by bus or by TGV?





And then from AIX to Nice, by bus or by train? which way is more convenient?





Your help is highly appreciated.





Lu




|||



There are few long-distance buses in France. You need to travel by train.





You can get times and costs from www.voyages-sncf.com but stick with French. If you switch to English, you get another site that does not list all the trains.




|||



There is a TGV service direct from Avignon TGV to Aix TGV, but you need to use a shuttle bus or taxi to travel between the station and the town centre at both ends of the journey. There are local trains serving the town centre stations, but they travel via Marseille and I think you would need to change trains.



There is in fact a direct bus service, which is reasonably convenient for weekdays lepilote.com/Img/…LER-23_Aix-Avignon.pdf



I believe there is also a bus service between Aix and Nice - I can%26#39;t remember who operates it, so you%26#39;d need to ask on the Nice forum. I think the train is probably equally convenient for that section though.




|||



aix-nice bus service



http://www.phoceens-cars.com/phoceens/




|||



Thanks my friends for the useful information above. They are very helpful. Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment