Monday, April 23, 2012

Want to park outside paris and get the train

Hi





I want to drive to Paris from Calais. I am having problems finding RER train stations and parking outside of Paris. A trian from Calias is too expensive. Does anyone know any easy parking car parks or any stations near to the outside of Paris.





Many thanks.




|||



I don%26#39;t recommend driving around Paris but there are a lot of parking garages in Paris should you decide to try one:





http://www.vincipark.com/




|||



One which springs to mind is Charles de Gaulle airport. It%26#39;s a direct train from there to central Paris. No idea of costs though.




|||



Parking at an airport is seldom cheap. At CDG, you can expect to pay €120-200 for a week.





http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr




|||



A few years ago, on a Sunday, we parked at Louvres (RER D) while we went into Paris on the train for the day. There was a commuter park %26amp; ride car park, though we were a bit concerned as it was almost empty and ours was obviously a foreign car which was being left unattended. The car park might have been full on weekdays, though!



I can%26#39;t remember how much it cost - it was better than driving into Paris and the kids with us liked the double-decker train, but I think with hindsight, I%26#39;d prefer somewhere less deserted to leave the car.



I don%26#39;t know if that helps?



While trying to find the name of the place, I found this site, which is information overload .... http://www.parking-public.fr/rer.php

No comments:

Post a Comment