Monday, April 23, 2012

CDG to Gare Lyon

Hi





My flight lands at CDG at 10:05 am.



Is it possible to catch a TGV from Gare lyon at 13:10pm, after all the immigration/luggage process and local travel from CDG to Gare Lyon.




|||



My 23 hour flight (Singapore Airlines) from Australia was scheduled to arrive at CDG at 7am on a Sunday morning.





Before I booked the 10:30 TGV from gare de Lyon, I watched the CDG arrivals on Sundays for some weeks and %26quot;my flight%26quot; appeared to be regularly on time.





I booked the 10:30 TGV and also booked the next train, I think it was 14:30, just as a back up.I had a rail pass and seat reservation for 2 people was 34 Aussie dolllars for each train .So the back up train reservation only cost $34 dollars which I regarded as reasonably priced %26quot;insurance%26quot;.





It turned out that we were at the gare de Lyon by about 9am.The flight arrived on time and luggage/customs was quick.We caught the Air France #4 bus to gare de Lyon.




|||



guys any more experiences ?




|||



You can get an Air France bus right to Gare de Lyon. I think it is bus 4. Cost about 14 euro one way. Trip into town is about an hour. So give yourself plenty of time. Once thru passport control, it isn%26#39;t too bad. Depends on how many flights are coming in at that time. You are giving yourself about 3 hours to land, clear, and get into town. Me, I would give at least 4, and your plane could be late.





Pat




|||



I would guestimate four hours would be plenty, and three hours should be adequate.





How long it takes to get from your plane to the %26quot;curb%26quot; depends on whether your flight is on time, whether the plane gets a gate assignment or you are bussed to the terminal, lines through passport control, whether you check luggage and how long that takes to come out. But all that should not take more than an hour.





When you get to Gare de Lyon, take a look around and familiarize yourself with the track numbers, as the number for your train tends to not be displayed until there is just enough time to get to it and board.

No comments:

Post a Comment