Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Has anyone ussed myparisapartment.fr to book?

Hi There,





Has anyone heard of myparisapartment.fr?





It%26#39;s our first time in Europe, and not sure whether it is custom to provide a contract after you pay for the deposit in France.





And charge an extra 40E for earlier check in time (there check in time is 5pm!)





Thanks guys




|||



Usually the contract is presented before paying the deposit. Personally I wouldn%26#39;t pay a deposit without having a contract presented beforehand.





The apartment rental agency I booked was flexible with the check in time. I guess the agency can charge extra if it%26#39;s an early check-in time or have you reserve for the day before arrival, but to me 5 pm is not a normal check in time. Even hotels%26#39; check in times are more or less 3 pm. So I think that that 40 euro charge is unfair.





I haven%26#39;t heard of the rental agency you mentioned, but I would suggest the one myself and my friend have used (unfortunately I had to cancel my booking but they refunded me less a small admin. fee): www.parisaddress.com.





They have quite a lot of apartments to choose from with reasonable rates.




|||



SydneyChic is that url correct? I can%26#39;t get anything at it.




|||



Usually, the extra charge for earlier check-in is due to extra expense involved in getting the apartment cleaned.





I%26#39;d want to know check-out time, before determining 5PM check-in time to be unreasonable. And, how early you can check in for the extra fee.





According to the FAQ%26#39;s, you are sent a booking confirmation and %26quot;accomodation voucher%26quot;, which would satisfy me (and preferable to a lengthy, confusing, %26quot;contract%26quot;).




|||



My contract was not lengthy or confusing although I suppose other agencies do have those.




|||



Hi SydneyChic, what time do you arrive in Paris that day? I have used www.parisaddress.com twice and friends have used them and generally the check in time is 2 pm, (check out by 10am) but they will make it earlier if there is no-one there the night before. If you have an early flight I would look at other agencies such as www.parisaddress.com and many others that will let you in by 2pm if not earlier.




|||



That is what I thought was weird...pay the deposit then you get your contract, no one does that.





I think their check out time is 10am, the property that we wanted to rent was a studio which wouldn%26#39;t take no more than 2 hours a clean.





And for the extra 40Euros to check in at 1pm will still leave us wondering around Paris for 3 hours in the gold...




|||



Hi SydneyChic, so 10 am is their check out time. That%26#39;s good to know.





They could very well let the guest enter earlier than 5 if they wanted. To me I think they probably want to make some extra euro by charging for earlier check in.

No comments:

Post a Comment