Saturday, April 21, 2012

Is bug spray necessary in June?

Is this something I need to bring with us to Chamonix in mid June? My daughter and I are like magnets for mosquitoes, my husband never seems to get bit. We will be hiking while there for a few days. Just curious if this is something I need to bring!




|||



you shouldn%26#39;t need anything. my wife is the same and she never uses anything




|||



It%26#39;s not a massive problem in Chamonix, but if you%26#39;re prone to getting them, I%26#39;d bring some repellent. I%26#39;ve had a few nasty bites there over the years - mostly when climbing, but occasionally when sitting near water in the evening. Just a bit of citronella seems to keep them off fine. I%26#39;d have thought you%26#39;ll be OK when you%26#39;re hiking though - it%26#39;s when you%26#39;ve stopped for the day that they can come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment