Monday, April 23, 2012

Needle Point Store

My wife and I visited Paris seven years ago and came across the most beautiful needle point store. It was fairly large, old fashioned and cluttered, operated by two ladies. I want to say on the outskirts of the Latin Quarter. Does this ring a bell with anyone?




|||



I know that there is a lovely needle craft store at the Viaduct des Arts, but I don%26#39;t recall one on the outskirts of the Latin Quarter.




|||



I could suggest a couple of others. I am into needlework and if I keep buying I could start my own business. But the needlework available is so different than what is sold here in Calif, if I can even find a store here. There is a small store called Clarisse on St. Ferdinand. If you get the bus or metro to Argentine, there is a bakery right there and there are three roads that come into the intersection like a slice of pie. Take the far one, by the car dealer. Walk down to the square and go around the corner from the Hertz (I think it%26#39;s Hertz) rental and you will be on St. Ferdinand. The store is almost down to Ternes on left side of the street. . Run by a father who speaks minimal English and a daughter who speaks excellent English. She will also make a canvas from a picture you might have. Then Bon Marche has a nice needlework, yarn dept. Get off Sevres Babylone walk across the park. Do not take the gate on your right, take the gate on the left and go into Bon Marche from that gate. That side of the store has the escalator that goes up to I think the 4th floor, if you go into the one on the right it doesn%26#39;t go to that floor. English is minimal there. Then this past February I found the greatest passage ways. Take metro and get off at Grand Blvds. This is right by Museum Grevin. Next to the museum you will see a sign that says Passage Jouffrey (spelling?) This passage also connects onto Passage Verdiau (spelling) which connects onto Passege Panorama. You have to cross a tiny road to go from one to the other. These passages are very nice. Boutiques, galleries, food, bakeries. But in Verdiau is where you will be real happy. If you have kids, there is a toy store, I only went into the ground floor, so don%26#39;t know what is on the second floor, but the ground floor has zillions of things for doll houses. Plans, furniture, accessories, so real and so unbelievable, kind of pricey for some of the stuff. Down across the hallway from the toy store, only a few doors is Au Bonheur des Dames. The man spoke good English. He carries DMC (an assortment you won%26#39;t see here in the states), Permin, their own line of needlework, and a new line from Japan called Fujico which is beautiful. He has a web site. I just looked for the catalog he gave me and can%26#39;t find it among all my stuff. Sorry. Maybe if you put in the stores name you might pull it up. Panorama is kind of dull. There are coin and stamp shops mainly in that passage. There is also another one on Rue Cler. Very small, a nice selection, but not great. Walk down past the street market, and the real busy stores on rue Cler. She is on the left, hardly noticeable after all the other stuff ends. Her bag said Anny Blatt I got a Danish kit there made by OOE. Flowers on it. She also sells things like buttons and yarns . she speaks minimal English. I had no problems with any of them. I will be in Paris May 29 thru June 9. What about you? Let me know if you go to any of these stores. Would be interested in your opinion



Pat




|||



Wow, Thanks. We will be in Paris July 5-11th. You are right the patterns they sell cannot be found anywhere else. Since you will be in Paris before us let me know if you find any other store that you recommend. Have a great trip. Glenn




|||



2adults...



Perhaps the needlepoint shop you%26#39;re referring to is



in the 5ieme arrondisement? I was in Paris a few years ago and found a wonderful shop in the area of St. Julien Le Pauvre. It was an old shop with great charm and I will search for it because it is a treasure. I am going to Paris in about a week and



will let you know whether or not I find it.




|||



Au bonheur des Dames, at avenue Daumesnil (metro Bastille) or Passage Verdeau (metro Grands Boulevards).




|||



I passed one last week in Paris, and I didn%26#39;t pay much attention to where it was b/c it%26#39;s not an interest of mine but did notice b/c I%26#39;ve never seen one before in Paris. I *think* it was on the rue Dauphine on the right side of the street as you head toward the Pont Neuf. Maybe someone can confirm (or not!) this info.




|||



%26quot;mignon%26quot; ...have a great trip...nice to see you posting again!





I think the needlepoint store you are refering to is : Tapisseries de la Bûcherie—2 rue du Haut Pavé, 75005 Paris.





Check it out !




|||



Discover.... Sounds like the place! I%26#39;ll check it out



next week and let you know! It%26#39;s wonderful to hear



from you again and thanks a million!




|||



Here is the map :





http://www.bucherie.com/contact.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment