Sunday, April 15, 2012

Clothing Advise

I don%26#39;t want to look like the typical American tourist. What are the female Parisians wearing in late May? What is stylish yet comfortable for full days of sightseeing?




|||



Shoes not sneakers, tailored skirts and a blouse and jumper. Or what ever you feel comfortable in because carrying a map and backsack and looking up at all the sights will make you stand out as a tourist anyway so why worry.





To be a good tourist you need to be polite, not too loud and thoughtful of others (eg not standing in a group in the middle of the street holding up others trying to walk to work). It%26#39;s not difficult so I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;ll be a great tourist.




|||



I suggest the following:



- black form-fitted neoprene tank top



- a white alpaca wool vest



- spandex tights with a horizontal pattern of alternating lime green and orange stripes



- bowling shoes (I suggest a rented pair if you can afford it as they have that %26quot;lived in%26quot; look)



- grey wool work socks



- a glossy red codpiece (if you have seen the classic Cameo video for %26quot;Word Up%26quot;, you%26#39;ll know what I mean)



- a red fez



- a scuba mask *without* the snorkel





I ensure you that if you wear this you will not look like the typical American tourist.




|||



On another forum I read that Converse are now in fashion for women? There has been a lot on this subject and I think the general opinion is to be comfortable and respectful, you are a tourist.




|||



smg669 ha! I%26#39;ve got the fez, I%26#39;ll have to work on the rest. ;o)




|||



I%26#39;ll back up the Converse comment...I was in Paris last July and Converse sneakers were everywhere, on guys %26amp; girls....




|||



I was there in Maraach and Converse were everywhere fom the very young to a few older women.




|||



I was in Paris 3 weeks ago and I saw a lot of dark clothes, mostly black.



I went to the Lafayette fashion show and they showed lots of white so spect white in the summer but I am sure, you will still see some black.





Before my trip, I read here that they do not use jeand in Paris. What a misleading comment! There were lots of people wearing jeans (Tourists and Parisians). I had to get some jeans there, since we needed to dress down to go to the flea market.





They also said here that they do not use sneakers. And they were right on this one! No sneakers. Yes, you see some sneakers but they look out of place. You can find some stylish sneakers, the ones that are not too bulky. My hubby wanted to buy some shoes and we enetered to 3 great stores in St Germain Avenue. They had the more stylish sneakers that I am talking about. I also saw some some younger people wearing converses.





They definitely know how to wear a scarf (girls and boys)





I thought that people in Paris dress similar that what you see in Chicago or New York nice areas.





I think people in Italy drees nice, just a litlle bit more casual.




|||



Yes people do wear jeans in Paris, but they are not the fresh out of the dryer look like we tend to wear in the states. From my experience the jeans I see the most on the locals are very dark well tailored and pressed.




|||



DH and I were in Paris in March. Converse sneakers do seem to be the new fashion rage. Saw them in every color, as well as gold and silver metallic.





Jeans were everywhere -- BUT they were dark denim, well-fitted and with a crease. Paired with stylish jackets, beautiful tops/shirts and the ever-present scarf. Wish I could wear a scarf with such style ...





Think %26quot;business casual%26quot; (for men and women) and you should be OK. Just make sure you%26#39;re comfortable as you will be out sight-seeing, and probably using public transportation most of the day.





Enjoy. Paris is a magical place.









SoundDiva




|||



scuba masks are so last year. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment