Sunday, April 15, 2012

advice comparing hotel near Pompidou Center with 14th arr

I am booking a 5 day summer trip for my 18 yr old daughter and 2 friends as a graduation treat.





I think they would prefer to have a kitchenette, I think that rather than a private let, which involves looking for keys and making arrangements in a private building an aparthotels would suit them.







I have on hold the following 2 hotels







Citadines aparthotel Didot which is 94 Rue Didot in 14th arr.





At Home Hotel Paris Centre which is 236 Rue Saint Martin near to the Pompidou centre.







The reviews on both are sparse. Can anyone give me any feedback? I think that the Citadines is probably a bit out of the way, but is Saint Martin in a safish area - one of the girls is studying art so will want to look at the galleries. The other 2 love photographing buildings and are hoping to go to markets and cafes.





I am also concerned about the transport links - they will want to be out at night time.





Any advice would be welcome.











Thanks for any help




|||





Then Pompidou location without a doubt.





The rue Didot is almost out at the Peripherique. Far from everything they%26#39;ll be interested in.




|||



Don%26#39;t even think about the 14th. I don%26#39;t know anything about the hotel but the rue St Martin area would suit young people perfectly. Just tell them that the metro station at Chatelet Les Halles is not the best to use at night. There%26#39;s a street near them called rue Etienne Marcel which has good clothes shops for that age group and the Marais area between the Pompidou centre and Place des Vosges is a good area to wander around day and night.




|||



Thank you so much for the advice.





Can I ask about using public transport at night time. Is there any metro that would be safer than the one mentioned.





I am still looking around for alternatives, but it seems as if the At Home is coming out the best on price. I just wish that I could get a few more reviews.




|||





As far as location goes, I think that the 18-year-olds would be happier on the rue Saint Martin. The rue Didot is a lively street (shops and restaurants) in a residential area. But for your daughter and her friends, it’s too far from the center of things.





I live near the rue Didot and would recommend it for (older) visitors who want to experience a real Parisian neighborhood. The students will have more fun near the Pompidou Center!




|||





There are lots of metro stops close to At Home Hotel : Arts et Métiers, Réaumur-Sébastopol, Etienne Marcel and Rambuteau. These are all safe at night, as long as the girls use common sense.





As mentioned, avoid Châtelet-Les Halles at night. Not because it’s particularly dangerous... just not particularly pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment