Thursday, April 19, 2012

What Metros to take from Place des Vosques to Montmarte?

What Metro%26#39;s would I take (and connections) to get from Marais area near Places des Vosques to Montmarte/SC and then back to Orangerie museum. There is no direct line so I know I will have to change trains once I presume.





I have tried for like 20 minutes on google maps and after freezing a lot and my hair being pulled thought I would ask some lovely knowledgable people..





can anyone help me so I dont get lost? thanks.




|||



Why not use the itinerary function on www.ratp.fr or www.transport-idf.fr ?



One option is to walk from the Place des Vosges to the Bastille metro station, take line 5 (direction: Bobigny-Pablo-Picasso) and change to line 2 (dir.: Porte Dauphine) at Stalingrad. If you get off at Anvers, you%26#39;ll need to walk 7 minutes to the Sacré Coeur.





Another option is to walk to metro station Chemin Vert, take line 8 (dir. Balard) and transfer to line 4 (dir. Porte de Clignancourt) at Strasbourg-Saint-Denis. Get off at Château Rouge, and walk to the Sacré Coeur (10 min.).




|||



I was staying right near Place des Vosges my last trip and dont remember if I got on the 1 from St Paul (toward La Defense) and changed at Hotel Du Ville - or I may have just walked over to Hotel du Ville and got on the 11 there (toward Mairie des Lilas). Transfer at Belleville for the #2 in the direction of Port Dauphine. I took the funicular up - think that%26#39;s the Danvers station, but I dont know for sure.





You can do it with more stops on several other routes so I%26#39;m sure someone else will have other - maybe better advice.





I dont remember having any metro confusion on this route (but am familiar with subway/metro system %26quot;thinking%26quot;).





The Metro signage is fantastic! Before you just head out of the station, look for the map that shows you where you are, and what is the best exit to get to your location. I only wish our subway system was a 10th as good.




|||



i think part of my problem is looking at google maps on a 15%26quot; monitor and trying to find lines when there are like 13 or so visible and similar in color too...so partly my stupidity :-)





thanks for help.




|||



I know the feeling! I am planning my first US vacation since college and I will have to drive - and the road maps dont differentiate between a highway and a dirt road! If it wasnt for a local here, I would have brought my compact rental car on a 4 wheel drive dirt road running along a gorge with no guard rails!





If I were you I would relax until you get to Paris, and pick up a map there. Instead of fumbling with the map on the metro, I map out my route in the hotel, and put the directions on a small %26quot;Post It%26quot; note - ie %26quot;1 toward Defense to _____ change for 4 toward __________%26quot;





Not sure about you, but I find as soon as I write something down, I remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment