Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lyon restuarants recommedation



I am having a little problem trying to brows through over 2,000 postings for restaurants recommendation. I saw a reference to the following site





www.fra.cityvox.fr/restaurants_lyon/Preferes





which looks great ... except it is in French and, given my French is poor, using translate.google.com on the reviews often turns up real strange commentaries!!





Wonder of there are forums like the above, but in English. I find a bunch of restaurants mentioned in





http://wikitravel.org/en/Lyon





Would like to hear comments about them. OK ... I suspect I will not be able to get into the %26quot;Splurge%26quot; category. Besides the steep price (hi, if it is reeeally, reeeally good, we are prepared to go for $100/person - just once), but given the lack of reservation ....





On a more pedestrian level, we will be staying in the Hotel Le Royal Lyon in Place Bellocour this coming Friday for 3 nights. Any recommendation for place near by for light breakfast since we are not into the big hotel buffet. Also, does the local breakfast places open on Sunday morning?




|||





ha .. found a great posting by Only-Lyon on breakfast next my hotel





tripadvisor.com/…16537763





I saw his/her other posting on bouchons too but dated in 2007. Wonder if there are any updates.





BTW: For fun, you should take some review of resturants in French and stik it into tanslate.google.com and see what comes out. Here is one of the translated reviews on Brasserie George





%26quot;Brewery Georges ... Lyon still an institution in distress! Everything starts with an icy reception, to make you want to turn, you will be installed on a table of 50 cm without a word, you throw a card with the figure and we go for a lamentable, a server that we did not look once, kitchen quelquonque, in short: No!%26quot;





I figure the reviewer does not like the place .... as in %26quot;Non%26quot;.




|||



I don%26#39;t like Brasserie Georges either !





You will find my restaurants and bouchons top lists on the forum (yes, more recent as the 2007 thread you found!), for example here:



tripadvisor.com/…11120526





I suggest that you browse the most recent threads, and will be happy to help you of you have further questions!





NB : %26quot;his/her other posting%26quot; ??? As I see that you are new on the forum : look at my profile, you will see it is %26quot;her posting%26quot; actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment