Thursday, April 19, 2012

Two weeks in Paris - transportation and museum pass

I will arrive on a Wednesday morning in mid-September and stay 14 nights. I plan a fairly laid-back visit, with a museum every other day or so. It appears that a museum pass won%26#39;t do me much good because I don%26#39;t anticipate going to museums on consecutive days. Am I correct?





Also, I%26#39;m planning to make several day trips by train to Versailles, Chartres, possibly Rouen, etc. What is the best ticket option for me for transportation? Decouverte? Carnet? Other? I expect to be using buses and metro quite a bit. Is there a pass that will also allow me to use the trains to these places outside of Paris? Or am I best off just buying a carnet for bus/metro and then individual train tickets as needed? I don%26#39;t have anything planned yet as far as which days I will do which things, and don%26#39;t anticipate planning that until I get there, if that makes any difference.





I%26#39;m staying in the 6th, nearest metro is Odeon or Mabillon.





Many thanks -- I%26#39;ve learned so much from all of you.




|||



Bumping this in hopes that it was overlooked.




|||



repost in the Paris forum, not the general France as many people don%26#39;t look here




|||



Thanks Xeena...I didn%26#39;t realize I%26#39;d posted to the France forum and not the Paris one.

No comments:

Post a Comment