Sunday, April 15, 2012

Taxi from Bergerac train station to Plaisance

Hi there,





I am travelling to rather rural area of Plaisance next month from the train station - a journey I believe of around 20km. I was wondering if trusty regulars know if this will be a problem for taxi drivers on the cab rank at Bergerac station? It seems to vary from place to place whether drivers think %26quot;great!%26quot; at such a fare - or whether they recoil in horror and refuse. I am keen to use the taxi service because the poor friends I am staying with have become a bit of a taxi service themselves and I don%26#39;t want to cause them any more driving when they are meant to be relaxing in the sun. And I do not drive myself so car rental is out. Thanks in advance!




|||



I fail to understand why you think a taxi would refuse your journey. After all, it%26#39;s a fare and they will charge you accordingly.




|||



I know, that is exactly what I have fondly believed in the past - only to be told on three occasions in France and Italy that the fare was %26quot;too far%26quot; ... even if I offered to pay for the return trip. Out of the comfort zone it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment