Thursday, April 12, 2012

My last night in Paris - going home in 12 hours :(

This is my 4th trip to Paris and I believe its the best trip I have had here. I have done less than normal because I was with my mom who is 88 - half blind - and can%26#39;t walk far or fast but it still was the best!





Highlights for me - the apt I stayed in at the corner of Rue Cler and Rue de Grenelle. Alot of posts on here about it being such a touristy area but I have to disagree - I saw mostly french with their dogs and shopping cars shopping! Not much English was heard either. So close to the metro and the Eiffel and Rodin ad Invalides - will def rent this place again if given the chance!





I LOVED the twinkling Eiffel at night - walking across the bridges at night and seeing the reflections of the lights on the water. I loved the cafe%26#39;s and the cafe cremes and the wine - I have to go back home so I can detox!





They have a way of doing stuff here that is so neat - nfrom the little packets of sugar to how they serve water and the non-rush when you are enjoying a meal - no hovering around you - I loved that!





I loved Place de la Concorde and the Tuilleries and the L%26#39;Orangerie. Sitting inside Notre Dame was perfect.





I am bringing home a few nicknacks to remind of my week here in Paris - it has definately left an impression that will not soon be forgotten.





Thanks for all your guidance before my trip - now I have to live vicariously thru the rest of you who are going!





Au Revoir!




|||



I enjoyed reading your post. I am so excited to be going for a few days in July, and reading comments like that just makes me want to pack my bags now!




|||



I%26#39;ve enjoyed reading your posts. I went for 10 days in April and am having serious withdrawals. This is why I read this forum daily.





So glad you had a great time. And I agree, few things are as magical as a twinkling Eiffel Tower.




|||



Hi:



Hope you had a great trip. I%26#39;m going in less than two days and I cannot wait.



P.S.: Any other TA folks going to be in Paris from May 9-18?




|||



Thanks for your posts.



So nice of you to take your mom.




|||



I agree, for the rest of your life you have the joy of sharing this trip with your mom.




|||



What was the name of the company that you rented from? Were they reliable? What area were you in - they all have numbers - thanks in advance





Susan




|||



I just enjoyed reading all your trip posts...Thanks for sharing.




|||



fro4600 ~ What a nice trip for the two of you. I am taking my 84 year old Mother to Paris this Sept/Oct. She%26#39;ll turn 85 in Paris, so I must plan something special for that day. I can probably use some pointers from you!I will connect with you. Thanks for your post, it was lovely.




|||



travelbug (love the name!)





vrbo 80453





she was very reliable and very quick to respond via email. (phone too Im sure but didn%26#39;t call her)





I was worried as i paid for it in full up front but it turned out fine!





i LOVED this apt - slept 5 comfortably - could sleep 6




|||



Glad you had such a wonderful trip and were able to share it with your mom. We live Thursday the 14th and I can%26#39;t wait to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment