Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cheap central accommodation for a single traveller

I am hoping to stay in Paris for 2 weeks in October but am finding it - as a single traveller - to be hard to do on a budget.



Can you please recommend some options for decent accommodation in the centre of Paris? I am hoping to stay for under AUD$100/night, preferably much less! I would also like a private room. Am I being realistic?




|||



Based on the google converter, I think $100 AUD works out to about 55 euros per night. I don%26#39;t really know of any budget hotels, but you can have a look at some of the studio apartments at:





www.centreparis.com





I believe some of them start at 55 euros, and they don%26#39;t require a security deposit. The nice thing too is that you could also save a bit of money by having some of your meals at the apartment.





We will be staying at one of their studios later this week, and I will post a full review on my return.




|||



These are a little over your budget, but Le Marais is a great place to explore Paris. You would love it. And yes, you are being a little unrealstic on your budget. Are you sure you don%26#39;t want to do a hostel?





Hotel Jeanne d ‘Arc TA reviews 4 circles average



3 Rue de Jarente 62 to 79€ sgl



http://www.hoteljeannedarc.com/





Hotel Sevigne TA reviews 4 circles average



2 Rue Mahler 68€ sgl



http://www.le-sevigne.com/ang_accueil.htm





Hotel de la Herse d’Or TA reviews 3.5 circles average



20 Rue saint Antoine 94€ sgl (5€ discount for booking on the internet)



parishotelherseor.com/english/the-hotel-01.h…





Hotel Flor Rivoli TA review 3.5 circles



13 Rue des Deaux Broules 75€ sgl





Hotel de Nice



42 bis rue de Rivoli 80€ sgl



www.hoteldenice.com





Please do a TA review on these hotels in the upper left hand box to see if they appeal to your taste. I guarantee you will love the neighborhood.




|||



I just returned as a single traveler to Paris. I was able to book the Concorde Montparnasse through 1800hotels.com for just over $100 USD per night. You would need to prepay for the hotel. While it is not in the heart of Paris, it was just two blocks from Gare Montparnasse which I found to be very convenient. I took either the metro or train pretty much everywhere from there.




|||



I travel solo and last time stayed at Grand Hotel du Loiret, 8 rue des Maivais Garcons. I really like the location near the Marais, near Ile de la Cite, near Hotel de Ville. It%26#39;s basic but who wants to stay in the room when in Paris!!!




|||



I will save that last post! the street name is actually %26quot;rue des Mauvais Garçons%26quot; translation: street of the bad boys...not boys as children but as petty thieves..or sexy hoodlums..don%26#39;t worry..the name goes back to many centuries ago...




|||



Thank you all, all of your suggestions are very helpful!



I am thinking of a private room in a hostel.




|||



Right, about the spelling, I am tired and realized that I made a mistake as soon as it went up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment