Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cooking Classes?

Can anyone reccomend a 2-3 day cooking class in or around Paris (or northern France)?




|||



Check out Le Cordon Bleu%26#39;s list of classes. I have taken one day classes there (2 of them) and I love them. You learn a lot and move quickly.




|||



I recently ate a Saint Placide near St Malo. I was one of the best meals of my life and the chef gives cooking classes. Here is a link to his site.



http://www.lesaintplacide.com/cuisiner.aspx



I also love classes at l%26#39;Atelier des Chefs.



http://www.atelierdeschefs.com/



I have not been, but 3 star chef Olivier Roellinger also gives classes. If it is anything like his spices, amazing.



maisons-de-bricourt.com/les-Maisons-de-Brico…




|||



re atelier des chefs- they have classes ranging from 1 hr to 3 hours but not a day course. They are terrific but given in French. I would highly recommend them but they are certainly not a 2-3 day course. In addition, if you do not understand French you are on your own -you might be lucky to find another toursist of class member to translate but dont count on it.




|||



Have you done a search on TA? I think there were some posts last month about this that included the Cordon Bleu and others.





Also,if you love cooking you should visit E.Dehillern, Julia Child%26#39;s old stomping ground. I loved it.




|||



None of the places I listed give 2-3 day courses. I don%26#39;t know of any. ANd they are all in French. I know that Patricia Wells gives weekly courses. There is also the RItz Escoffier school, which has seasonal courses for non-students.



Two other very popular classes are L%26#39;Atelier Fred (recommended to me by a chef) which also has a great cookbook and Cooknwithclass (recommended by a US visitor et gourmand).

No comments:

Post a Comment