Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Beauvais airport transfer

Just tried to book a shuttle bus from Beauvais airport to Paris. The website doesn%26#39;t allow me to choose a date just the option to buy a ticket. Do you need to have a dated ticket? Thanks




|||



I was researching this a few weeks ago and I believe that all you need to do is buy a ticket and it is good for up to a year. I could be wrong. Thanks for reminding me I need to do this before I leave next week




|||



We bought our tickets just outside the airport (this is very small airport). I was worried about the long line for the bus and they told me that if it was full they would send another bus in about 15 minutes.




|||



Thank you very much.It%26#39;s on the website that you have to buy a ticket 24 hours before so I was just was concerned about dates. It probbably makes it easier for them to pre sell dateless tickets.



Thanks




|||



The tickets are dateless. Beauvais is tiny and it all works quite efficiently. Half the people who come off the plane haven%26#39;t pre-booked bus tickets. You can buy them in the baggage area and at the ticket area outside the airport and then just get on one of the waiting buses. The advantage of having one is that you can get straight on a bus and it might leave a few minutes before the others. The buses leave you at Porte Maillot and from there you need to get the metro into central Paris. The metro station is across the street to the right of the buspark. Look for a big yellow M or follow the crowd. It%26#39;s line 1.




|||



Thankyou, that%26#39;s all great to know and I now even know where to catch the metro from. My daughter and will be arriving in the evening so I like to know exactly where I am going.




|||



Skaf55,





For a picture of the area go to www.googlemaps.com and enter Porte Maillot, Paris (make sure you are on the satellite image.)





You will see the Porte Maillot traffic circle and above that the Palais de Congres and then the Hotel Concord Lafayette in the same %26quot;triangle%26quot;. Look to the left of the Hotel and you will see a parking area for the buses. The Metro stop for line 1 is between the Palais de Congres and the traffic circle.




|||



Thanks Kajon, now I can just look forward to arriving in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment