Monday, April 16, 2012

ATMs in Paris. Can take 4-digit PINs only?

I been reading some forum topics re: withdrawing Euros from ATMs in Paris banks affliliated with Bank of America in US.





In the USA, I used a 6-digit PIN number for ATM withdrawal from Bank of America.





1. Do Paris banks ATMs take only 4-digit PIN numbers?





2. Do I need to change the 6-digit PIN# to 4-digits in order to withdraw Euros from Paris banks?





Thanks!




|||



That%26#39;s right -- only 4 digits in Europe.




|||



There have been those here (on this forum) who have reported making successful ATM withdrawals on accounts with 6 digit PINs. To what extent you will have the same success I cannot answer only to say that all of my experience has been with 4 PIN access.





1. Changing your PIN to 4 digits should guarantee your having no withdrawal problems





2. Should you decide to keep your 6 digit PIN and encounter difficulties with a particular ATM, trying a different ATM may provide successful access.




|||



I have used my Bank of America ATM card at BNP Paribas banks in Paris. I, too, use a 6 digit PIN in the US. I had inquired at Bank of America before I left the US and asked what I should do since I needed to use a 4 digit PIN in Paris. They told me to key in only the first 4 digits of my PIN. It worked every time, not only in France but other countries as well. I was not charged any fee from either bank for using the Bank of America ATM card at BNP Paribas banks.





Ati




|||



You guys are great!





Thanks for responding and being so informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment