Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ORLY TO CDG - am i in trouble?

I will be flying into Orly from Warsaw at 9.40am on Bastille Day



I need to get to get to CDG to make a 14.00pm flight back to Australia. Will I make it? (originally my return flight was 17.45pm)





I am now worried as to how to get to CDG and then making it for an international flight.





will I be ok, or do I start panicking now.




|||



I think you will be fine. Just keep moving. I would take the Orly Bus to Denfent Rochet (I KNOW I spelled that wrong, but....someone help?) And then the RER to CDG. I think that way you will miss the %26quot;traffic%26quot; from the celebration and should be fine. Figure an hour to get out of Orly. An hour to the RER, 45 minutes to CDG and you have done this in three hours. That%26#39;s around 12:30 or so. A little tight but doeable. A taxi might be faster, but costly!





Your only risk is if that flight in is delayed, but panic won%26#39;t help!




|||



For simplicity, I recommend the AF Bus from Orly directly to CDG:





AF Bus line #3



Fare: 19€



En route time: approximately 1 hour




|||



Hi,





You%26#39;ve got good advice here, but I want to add that in order to save time in CDG, you must know in advance the exact terminal of your flight (see http://www.easycdg.com/pages/airlines_directorypag.html)



Also, make sure that you know exactly how to get from the RER station to your terminal (a lot of information and maps of the terminals can be found at http://www.easycdg.com ).



If you choose to take the Air France bus, make sure that you get down at the closest station to your terminal.



P.S. the line Orly%26lt;-%26gt;CDG of the Air France bus is free for those who have Air France flight connection.




|||



thankyou very much everyone





now am feeling better. this whole trip is starting to get me stressed the closer it gets. I will be travelling from poland with my 2 children, and therefore have decided to to take the AirFrance bus.





Unfortunately, it is not an Air France connection. I am trying to make a Cathay Pacific flight back to australia.



But what I will do is make sure that I get the correct terminal so that I am dropped off as close as possible. also I will try to do an online checkin to save time.

No comments:

Post a Comment