Thursday, April 19, 2012

Local artists

Hi!



I%26#39;m doing a little homework before our holidays!



We will be spending two weeks in the Loire region this summer...near Saumur.I always try to bring home some local art work ( paintings etc)to remind us of the trip. Just wondering if anyone knows off hand where local artists might be found. On other occasions we have found artits at work on Sunday afternoons in town squares....We don%26#39;t plan on selling the family silver so will be looking for reasonably priced items.



I would appreciate any suggestions.Thanks.






|||



Just a guess but I should think you might find a few artists near Place Plumereau in Tours. There also is an artist producing high quality wood block prints of local scenes. His studio is one block south of Place Plumereau in Old Tours.




|||



I have a friend who has a very talented artist wife that I can put you in touch with if you send me details? They%26#39;re north of Saumur, French and unfortunately speak no English. But, she%26#39;s an excellent artist.





Other than that there are a few galleries in Saumur, as well as surrounding towns (check out the small one in Breille, which is excellent.





Hope that helps?




|||



Thank you so much for all your help. I will enjoy digging around for little gems!

No comments:

Post a Comment