Thursday, April 19, 2012

How to get to Corsica?

My Current Itinerary:





4 Nights London



8 Nights Paris



3 Nights Bayeux



3 Nights Bordeaux



3 Nights Avignon



4 Nights Nice



3 Nights Strasbourg



1 Night Paris





This will be my First Trip to France. Other than the Large amount of Time Allocated for Paris, due to seeing Family. I think I want to shorten a Night in Avignon and Strasbourg. Maybe take away a Night in Paris, and spend those 3 Nights in Corsica. What is the best way to visit Corsica. Looking at the Map I can see they have a small domestic airport. Is there a Ferry Service, if so where can I find information on taking a boat to Corsica? I read on another post that Corsica has beautiful beaches. My travel guide covers a lot but very limited on information about this Island. What are the best beaches on Corsica? Where is the best place to stay? I plan to visit France in Sept/Oct.




|||



Here you will find a number of ways to get to Corsica:



http://www.corsicabus.org/gettingThere.html





Instead of %26quot;a small domestic airport%26quot; there are 4 airports on Corsica all of which have some international flights.





www.corsica-isula.com will give you plenty of info on Corsica.




|||



You can take a ferry from Nice to Bastia, Corsica. Check out http://www.corsica-ferries.co.uk/ for a timetable. Or easyJet is now flying Paris - Bastia, but only through the end of September, I think.




|||



Get the Rough Guide to Corsica, it is very reliable.





All the beaches on Corsica are good, it depends if you prefer the sandy or rocky variety and whether you like your sand white or black....also whether you mind them being busy, how long you are prepared to take getting there, etc.





Don%26#39;t leave it any later than Oct as the weather changes suddenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment