Friday, March 23, 2012

moulin rouge or lido

going in june and can%26#39;t decide which to go to for dinner and show both quite expensive so want to get it right? any ideas? thanks




|||



I would probably opt out of a show altogether, they are not always worth it.





If it%26#39;s a must, I would do the Moulin Rouge, but the food is not very good at either.





Les




|||



Lots of peeps will come on here and tell you NOT to go to either place, they are tourist traps, %26#39;las-vegas%26#39; does the shows better, etc, etc, etc. I have to say that I have not been to either - although I would have gone to the Moulin Rouge if it had not been quite so very expensive!!



I can%26#39;t imagine that the food in there will be much %26#39;cop%26#39; as it will be %26#39;mass catering%26#39; type of thing. HOWever, there are lots of reasonable restaurants in the vicinity of the Moulin Rouge (and probably the Lido too). I Reckon that you would fare much better to eat %26#39;outside%26#39; then just go in for the shows. Save your money, or get better value at a separate restaurant!!



IMHO, anyway!!




|||



I wouldn%26#39;t do the food, I agree it%26#39;s not very good.





Your choice of shows depends on how much nudity you%26#39;re interested in seeing. The Moulin Rouge is sort of a variety show, and the Lido is one of the old fashioned semi-nude cabaret shows, like Las Vegas.




|||



If you want to go just go. There have been many controversial posts about these two shows over the years here. And while some post very negative things about the Moulin Rouge in particular they have never seen it.





Because my aunt loves variety shows I booked us the Moulin Rouge dinner/show and I do agree that the food is not memorable yet it was definitely edible. It%26#39;s not a nude show although that%26#39;s what I%26#39;ve gotten from some of the negative comments posted. It%26#39;s really a variety show: dancing, comedy, singing. It has been five years yet my aunt still fondly recalls the show.




|||



To clarify what I wrote that the MR is not a nude show I meant that there is nudity that is minimal and it is not its primary focus.




|||



We went to both ...we enjoyed Lido best. It is just a matter of like / dislikes. We did not go to the dinner shows as they are worth the Euros!

No comments:

Post a Comment