Thursday, April 12, 2012

chateau tours in August

Hi, i was planning a trip to bordeaux in august 09 but have been advised that some if not all wineries will be closed for tours during august, is this true, thanks, dave




|||



There will be many, many châteaux that will be open in August, and a lot of them are classed growths. You will certainly be able to find enough properties to fill out several weeks of visits if you wish to stick around here that long.





What you won%26#39;t necessarily find available are the first growths that so many people tend to focus on (understandably) when planning a trip to Bordeaux. These properties will be closed in August for summer vacation, and then in September and October for the harvest. Thus, they%26#39;re unavailable for a quarter of the year every year.




|||



Hi, many thanks for your help, I am actually moving to Bordeaux in a couple of weeks and have rented an appartment in the city centre with my partner and little boy. I have a bar and restaurant at home but will be spending the majority of my time in Bordeaux to improve my French and to study wine. I am currently attempting to finish my diploma at the wset in London before moving on to Master of Wine. Would you have any advice in my search to work under a Sommelier in Bordeaux either in a restaurant or a wine maker. I am not looking to be paid it is for the experience and knowledge. Finally woule you have any recomendations for great local restaurants in Bordeaux that arent for just tourists. My sicerest thanks,



David




|||



A good restaurant for you might be the Bistro du Sommelier. It%26#39;s got good food and an even better wine list, so you%26#39;d certainly be able to work on your wine knowledge.





%26lt;http://www.bistrodusommelier.com/index-uk.htm%26gt;





For local restaurants...well, there%26#39;s Bistro du Sommelier, but also try Quai Zaco, one of the newer places along the Chartrons waterfront.

No comments:

Post a Comment