Tuesday, April 17, 2012

beaches in Cote d'Azur

Hi,





I%26#39;m heading to Nice the first week of June, and looking to go along the coast for a beach spot. My dream is to lay on a lawn chair on the beach under an umbrella with a drink. I don%26#39;t mind paying extra euros. If I go to Antibes are there hotels that provide this? Do I have to stay at that particular hotel or can I show up with money?





This question goes also for Juan-les-Pines, Cannes, Nice, and any other place you suggest that offers what I%26#39;d like.





Much thanks,



Alexis




|||



In Antibes there are 3 beaches, the Old Town Beach, Ponteil and Salis as you walk from the old town to Ponteil at the end you reach first in the corner is a beach bar/restaurant place, called something like Beach Royal or vice versa, you can hire beds and chairs here, but its not a very big area. The other beaches do not have any other areas to rent chairs as far as I know.





In Juan Les Pins there are many restaurants on the beach with chairs and beds for hire, they are all nearest the town end if you are walking in the direct of Cannes.





Cannes its self has many restaurants and hotels with private beaches which you can pay to go on.





Nice If I remember correctly has chairs to rent but the %26#39;beach%26#39; there is pebbles, where as from Antibes round to Cannes it is lovely sand.





If I was to pick one to sit on for the day with a chair and a drink I%26#39;d pick Juan Les Pins as the water uaually appears clearer than Cannes!





If you feel like slumming it on the beach with just a towel and a mat, you could pick the old town beach in Antibes, as when you need a break or lunch you can just stroll to the old town and a have a wander




|||



Perhaps I could add the little beach at Plage de la Garoupe on the Cap d%26#39;Antibes which is very heaven itself - with the most faboulus view of the Alps - and the latter may have some snow still on them in early June.





Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment