Thursday, April 12, 2012

Which station for train to Avignon

Hi All,



I am organising tickets on the TGV from Paris to Avignon. When I am buying the tickets on SNCF, which station do I put as departure from, as they seem to list quite a few stations.



We are staying in St Germain if that helps.





Thanks




|||



The trains to Avignon leave from Paris Lyon station.




|||



You should be able to put in just %26quot;Paris%26quot;, and the SNCF system will work out which Paris station has trains to your destination.




|||



Hi SydneyNick,



When I put in Paris as my departure it list about 20 stations, all with (75) after the name ie Paris East, Paris Nord, Paris Bercy, Paris Lyon B. etc etc





Surely the TGV doesn%26#39;t stop at all these stations?



I%26#39;m only practicing on the site, waiting for the 90 days for the Prem fares, but I want to be fluent for when the time comes, as I am a bit nervous about booking the trains.




|||



The top entry on the list should be %26quot;PARIS (75)%26quot;. If you choose this, the SNCF site considers all stations in Paris.




|||



Thanks everyone...all sorted. Now I just have to wait until early June to do a real booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment