Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This one's for the girls - or guys Monoprix favorites

What are your favorite lotions and %26quot;potions%26quot; (as we call them) from Monoprix that are good to bring home for little gifts?





Thanks




|||



I buy tbe Bourjois cosmetics, because they are supposedly made at the same factory as Chanel. Some of my relatives really like a lip balm that I can%26#39;t recall the name of off the top of my head, but you can find it there. They also like when I bring them the individually-packaged scented soaps from Roger and Gallet that are available at Monoprix. I also love all the food goodies that make great gifts from the grocery store part of Monoprix (usually downstairs). We recently spent three weeks in Aix-en-Provence, and I think I went to Monoprix about 20 times while we were there. It was my Target away from home.



Pam




|||



You might also take a look at Parfumerie Fragonard and the Musée du Parfum at 9 rue Scribe, near the Opéra station of the Paris Métro, the Opéra Garnier. Fragonard are one of the 3 big manufacturers and sell perfumes, lotions and soaps in small sizes at this shop.



This is where my wife buys her gifts to bring back as well as stocking up on %26quot;Soleil%26quot; for herself.




|||



can the Fragonard products be found anywhere other than the Fragonard store/museum? I also fell in love with Soleil when we were in Eze a few years ago and would like to get more product, but not sure if we will make it to the museum/store.




|||



Coco approached Bourjois when she needed help with No. 5. She did not do so well after the war and the owners of Bourjois took over the company in exchange for keep her up in style. They%26#39;ve been the sole owners of both companies ever since.



One of the few luxury brands not to belong to a large group.




|||



I%26#39;ve never seen Fragonard products outside their shops, but there are several in Paris. Google Map them (there are shops in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 8th %26amp; 9th).

No comments:

Post a Comment