Thursday, April 19, 2012

museum pass

to buy or not to buy the pass. we will be in paris for 8 days %26amp; will surely visit the Louvre,Rodin %26amp; several others but dont know if we should get the passes as it then locks us into consecutive days. Also not sure if it makes sense strictly in dollars.




|||



You need to decide where you want to go and add up the admission fees. Is it cheaper to buy the pass? Also, the pass lets you skip some queues (lines). Is that worth paying for?





*I* used the 2 Day pass last time I was in Paris and it was very good value for *me*.




|||



For an 8 day trip it probably isn%26#39;t worth it. The pass sort of forces you to cram the sites into a few days. With 8 days you can spread it out, which I think is better.





I%26#39;ve used the pass twice (2 and 4 days). I basically broke even. The reason I felt it was worthwhile was the time I saved avoiding the lines at Versailles, the d%26#39;Orsay and the l%26#39;Orangerie.





You could avoid the line at the d%26#39;Orsay by going just as it opens, Thursday evening after 6pm for a reduced rate, or buying a ticket at FNAC for a small fee that allows you to use the passholder line.





You can prepurchase tickets for Versailles, but I%26#39;m not familiar with this. I%26#39;m sure other posters are.





Not sure how to avoid the line at l%26#39;Orangerie. But with 8 days, you could just go early one day and it%26#39;s likely the line wouldn%26#39;t be that long.





Hope this helps.




|||



dc1sanibel





I advise you to buy 2 day pass . If you visit Clunny-St.chapel-Phanton- conciergerie in first day you will get value of your money and second day go to visit louvre.





I done it this way and didn%26#39;t feel any pressure , it was completely doable for me. easy distance .





note: even with pass you have to wait in security check in S.chaple and it takes almost 20 minute. ( I was there 3 days ago )




|||



I%26#39;m going to give an opposite point of view. We went to Paris for 8 days and bought the 6 day pass. We felt it was absolutely the best thing we did.





I%26#39;m sure we got our 64 Euros worth out of it (Versailles, Louvre, Orsay, Army, Arc de Triomphe 2 times, Cluny, St Chapelle, Nissim Camondo, Picasso). Even better, it eliminated standing in long lines.





We just wandered around the first day and took a Seine cruise. The last day we went to the Loire Valley. For the 6 days in between we had our Museum Pass. We went where we wanted and didn%26#39;t worry about anything. We loved having it.




|||



I agree with Oregon





We were just there for 6 days and bought the 4 day pass to use in the middle of our time. Loved not waiting in line.





For St Chapelle, we went just before closing and there was no line at security.




|||



I am also considering getting a museum pass for my trip in June. I know that my friend can get free entrance now as he is under 26 but just wondered what happened about queueing. The website for the D%26#39;Orsay states the following:





Please note – new terms of admission





All visitors, except those under 18, qualifying for free admission to the Museum, must collect a %26quot;free ticket%26quot; from the ticket desks even when accompanying visitors holding cards or tickets allowing them to enter the museum directly through entrance C.





Does any one know if this is the case everywhere or just at the D%26#39;Orsay, we were planning on getting there by 9am on a Tuesday, can we expect the queues to be long by then? Do we need to arrive earlier




|||



I think you have to be from a EU nation to get in for free under 25 - better look closely at the restrictions




|||



why not student discounts to the museum pass but student discounts to enter everything...strange...




|||



Anyone under 18 is free to most museums. As I understand it the under 25 %26quot;thing%26quot; is new this year and applies to those under 25 from an EU nation. I think you show your passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment