Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Guy Savoy Restaurant

Hello, I have seen some great reviews for the Guy Savoy restaurant and I was wondering, as I don’t eat meat or fish if they would have anything suitable to eat for dinner?




|||



The web site publishes the menu (www.guysavoy.com) - but I don%26#39;t think Guy Savoy is well known for vegetarian options..





Alain Passard%26#39;d l%26#39;Arpege (www.alain-passard.com.fr)is the only *** place I%26#39;m aware of that truly caters to vegetarians.




|||



I have eaten at Guy Savoy, and would not recommend it for vegetarians.




|||



All you would need to do is contact them is advance and let them know you are vegetarian, and what type eg do you eat eggs, milk products? They are very keen to tailor any meal to your requirements. They also speak English very well, at least the Maitre D does. It was the best eating experience I have ever had with not only the food ordered, but many tastes of many other things to keep you amused.




|||



I%26#39;ve been away from the forums for a while, but hope this reaches you in time, and I%26#39;ll post it in case anyone else does a search for Savoy in the forums. Guy Savoy does cater for vegetarians, you will be spoiled for choice, just let them know in advance what your preferences are. One of Mr. Savoy%26#39;s signature dishes %26quot;all the peas%26quot; is vegetarian.




|||



I went to Guy Savoy%26#39;s Les Bouquinistes for Valentine%26#39;s Day. Here is the review I posted on my blog back in February:





After a break back at the Hotel Residence Foch, a glass of wine and short snooze was in order. At 7 p.m. we headed over to Guy Savoy’s Les Bouqinistes for a simply superb Valentine’s Day dinner. It’s situated right on the Seine and the place was decorated beautifully for Valentine’s Day with red roses adorning the dining room. Our server, Ness, could not be more welcoming. We had a never-ending bottle of champagne and by the end of the evening we had formed another friendship in Paris.





The staff was quite professional on this busy night. They handled everything perfectly. We did not feel rushed although there was a line waiting to get in.





Les Bouquinistes is a fairly upscale type of place. I was a bit surprised to see people in jeans and dressed a bit too casual. Things have changed over the years. I can remember the time, not so long ago, where it was uncommon for people to wear jeans at places less casual than Les Bouquinistes.





The special Valentine’s Day menu was:





• Lobster and Brittany crab in a beetroot ravioli with shellfish sauce



• Grilled scallops with steamed vegetables



• Cream of Jerusalem artichokes with truffles



• Beef tenderloin with truffle potatoes puree



• And for dessert, “Rose, passion and chocolate”





After that, it was a romantic walk down the Seine, with the Eiffel Tower glittering in the background.



After a break back at the Hotel Residence Foch, a glass of wine and short snooze was in order. At 7 p.m. we headed over to Guy Savoy’s Les Bouqinistes for a simply superb Valentine’s Day dinner. It’s situated right on the Seine and the place was decorated beautifully for Valentine’s Day with red roses adorning the dining room. Our server, Ness, could not be more welcoming. We had a never-ending bottle of champagne and by the end of the evening we had formed another friendship in Paris.





The staff was quite professional on this busy night. They handled everything perfectly. We did not feel rushed although there was a line waiting to get in.




|||



I was at Guy Savoy last month. The experience is nothing like eating in one of the starred chef%26#39;s lesser restaurants. It is more than a meal out, it is an event. Theater. Eating in a Parisian three star restaurant is totally unique.





My review is too long to post, but here is a link...





ourparisforum.com/index.cgi…




|||



My meal was about $265 for two at Les Bouquinistes, as I recall.





I can only imagine what it costs at one of the starred restaurants.




|||



There is a lunch menu for 100E that is not posted on the website, but exists and that is what I had, so I can attest to it being completely otherworldly.



I was recently told that Helen Darroze has a 25e lunch menu right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment