Thursday, March 29, 2012

Which Tour to Take for First time Vistor?

I am going to Paris for the first time at the end of March, 2010.





I would like a recommendation of a tour company for the day that will take me inside the Eiffel Tower, tour the Louvre, cruise on the Seine River. Also with a tour guide, you generally don%26#39;t have to wait in lines for hours since they get you in quick. I checked out Paris Vision reviews and it seems like more negative reviews than positive reviews.





I figure that we would use the Hop On and Off bus for the second through fifth day.





Thank you kind and knowledgeable people!




|||



I haven%26#39;t used Paris Vision but a friend and his wife did last July and they said it was great.





HOHO buses can offer a good alternative, but they can%26#39;t get you %26quot;inside%26quot; the Eiffel Tower - just set down and you%26#39;re on your own. You get commentary all the way, so maybe a difference in comfort level on the HOH bus but it would not be as expensive as a dedicated city tour bus. I believe that one of the HOHOs does include a Seine River cruise - we used L%26#39;Open Bus HOHO which doesn%26#39;t include the cruise




|||



Paris Vision is fine for what it%26#39;s worth. I first took my Mom on a city tour with them in the mid 1970s and then took her on another tour with them a few years ago as she was then near 80 years old. Personally, when I%26#39;m in Paris almost annaully, I just use the buses and the metro to go everywhere.





There is another option, americandriverinparis.com. I met this guy, last spring. He also drives for an airport shuttle service, on the side. He was very pleasant and totally on time. He%26#39;s from New Mexico originally. He drove me to the airport in the airport shuttle (airport-connection.com) and mentioned that he has his own business on the side which is the americandriverinparis.com business. Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment