Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Travel from Geneva to Paris

according to Rail-Europe, there r 2 methods, direct and indirect. Indirect means I have to take TER from Geneva to Lyon Part Dieu, and switch to TGV there to Paris.



The problem is I only have 13 min for switching, and I can%26#39;t find any floorplan of Lyon Part Dieu,and don%26#39;t know which platform I have to go. Is 13 min enough for such a switch?




|||



Don%26#39;t trust RailEurope: it is a commercial seller of tickets at a high markup and has no responsibility for running the trains. Its timetable information is not always correct. Get your information from the train operators themselves.





If I go to the Swiss railway site - www.sbb.ch/en - I can%26#39;t find a journey with less than around 30 minutes for the connection in Lyon.





I would strongly recommend that you use SBB for your timetable information and for booking the journey.




|||



A couple of additional points, unless the times are really inconvenient, I would go direct rather than changing at Lyon which is quite a bit out of the way. Secondly, Part Dieu is a large, busy station. Although I am sure that locals make connections there in 10 minutes, but I would not allow less than 20. There are plenty of TGVs from there to Paris and they are not going to wait for one of the many local TER trains that may have got delayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment