Thursday, March 29, 2012

Paris day trip from Geneva





Given limited time, is it possible to do a day trip in Paris from Geneva? I plan to take the train from Cornavin station for 3.5 hour train ride to Paris early morning, take the subway to Eifel, buy a boat ticket for 12 EURO and explore the stops, take lunch on one of the stops, then by late afternoon take the train back to Geneva.





Is this feasible?




|||



Any time in Paris is better than none. I hope you don%26#39;t plan on going on top of Eiffel Tower because the lines are crazy these days. You will have to really rush things.




|||



You%26#39;ve done the maths yourself and know it can be done - for me personally though I wouldn%26#39;t like 7 hours on the train in one day. If you don%26#39;t mind this and want to see the Eiffel tower enough to make the trip then go for it. Remember there can be an hour or more queue at busy times to go up the tower.





The TGV trains are pretty comfortable, so if you have a book etc it should be OK.




|||



We r in Paris for seven days and would love to do the reverse...day trip to Geneva...is it costly on the TGV as the 3 p[lus hour journey each way does not bother us to much with an early start.




|||



given limited time, I don%26#39;t wanna go up the tower anymore.





the trains aren%26#39;t cheap, I think it costs around 200+ francs round trip if you book online..if anyone knows where to get cheaper ticket, any help will be appreciated.




|||



OK that%26#39;s very feasible. Check www.cff.ch for which trains to take. I recommend arriving in Paris around 10:50 am (if I remember well, I am taking the TGV very often), last train will live at 7 pm and will arrive in Geneva around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment