Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Queue skipping at the Eiffel Tower

If I purchase tickets online to the Eiffel Tower will I be able to avoid long heavy queues once there? The last time we were in Paris the queues were winding everywhere for tickets so it was a bit confusing and we never bothered to try.




|||



Are online tickets available yet?



Site I read said End of 2009.




|||



Getting tickets online sounds like a good way to avoid queues. You%26#39;re still stuck with the queue for the elevator unless you go up the stairs. I highly recommend the stairs because they%26#39;re a tour, in and of themselves, that you don%26#39;t get if you take the elevator. The stairs will only get you to the Second Stage. From there to the top, you%26#39;ll need to take the elevator anyway. But the queues for the elevator from the Second Stage aren%26#39;t nearly as bad as the queues from ground level.




|||



The only time that I ever got Eiffel Tower tickets, were online. There was a time when the official website had a daily trivia quiz. If you got all of the trivia right, you had a chance to get a couple free tickets. I won. yea. They even sent the tickets to me by international post.



I didn%26#39;t have tickets the other time that I got on the Eiffel Tower. I had lunch at Jules Verne.




|||



I went into their website, but indicates that the online ticket is for group purhcase (20 or more)




|||



That%26#39;s what I thought. I think if you do a tour w/ someone like Parisvision-combo like boat, tower and one of the resturants at tower -you can get advance ticket but you will be part of a tour group.



No individual advance tickets yet.




|||



We got our tickets from our hotel and were able to skip the large line, but still had a short wait to go through security. You still have to buy the ticket for the top level once inside, but it was a 2 minute process. It saved us about 2 hours.




|||



Okay thanks guys now I see that it does have to be a group purchase. I will see if I can get them from our hotel if possible. Thanks so much.




|||



Of course, you could show up just before closing time to get tickets without a queue.



Show up some other day to actually go up. Again, the stairs make a good bypass of the elevator queue.




|||



Are you saying you can buy the tickets one day and use them on a different day?




|||



Would like a answer to the last question posed ,please?

No comments:

Post a Comment