Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Help! still confused about iPhone international plans!

I have read the previous posts about iPhones and international roaming, but I am still confused about a couple of specific issues:





1) Should I sign up for AT%26amp;T World Traveler, AT%26amp;T World Connect, or both? Seems like World Traveler reduces the rate to make calls while in France, while World Connect is for calling France from the US - i.e. do I only need World Traveler while in France?





2) My wife and I will both have our iPhones with us - so I assume we should both sign up for World Traveler, correct? And if we call each other while in France, will we each be billed $0.99 per minute?





3) I know you are supposed to turn off data roaming and only go with WiFi, but can you set the iPhone to use WiFi only and NOT 3G or Edge? What if you think you are on WiFi, but then lose your WiFi connection and switch over to 3G without realizing it? And aren%26#39;t there certain iPhone apps that automatically retrive info to update the app without even asking your permission? won%26#39;t that incur data charges?





4) What about text messaging? We have unlimited messaging, but are there going to be extra charges while in France?





Any help/advice is appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment