Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mas de I'lle, Mas de Capelou, or Mas de Bonnety?

Bonjour!





We are trying to decide between these three places to stay for 4 nights in June. The first two are close to or in Avignon, and the third is closer to Carpentras. All three of them look lovely. Has anyone been to any of these places? A recommendation would be lovely.





Merci!




|||



Hi there. I do hope you got my email reply to the question you sent me. I got a note back saying it was %26quot;undeliverable%26quot; so am not sure if you got it. I did try to resend.





Mas de Bonnety is very near my house and in a lovely setting. I don%26#39;t know Mas de L%26#39;lle. Do you have an address for it?




|||



Tou tou,





No, I haven%26#39;t gotten a response yet - my internet has been off and on today. I found the Mas de l%26#39;lle on



www.avignon-et-provence.com . I also found La Treille, which looks fabulous too. I%26#39;m going to stop looking now and try to decide (with some advice). =) Thanks!!!




|||



I sent the email again. Hopefullyi this time you will get it. I got your note about Mas de l%26#39;lle.





I noted that the Avignon B%26amp;B choices you made are all outside the city walls. Capelou notes they have 160 (Queen) and 180 (King) beds. Mas de l%26#39;lle looks (appears on website) to have 140 double beds - equivalent of the very small American double bed. My husband and I find the 140 bed very small as we are used to a King. Not sure if this matters to you.





Also, if I were going to Avignon, I would choose a B%26amp;B IN the centre ville, within the walls. That is just me. I like the convenience of an easy walk to just about anything. If I were to stay outside the city walls, I would not stay on Ile Barthelasse. I would most likely choose a more charming nearby village. You could consider Mas de Bonnety under those circumstances - among others.





Let me know if you finally get my email. Happy planning.




|||



Hi Toutou,





Thanks for your ideas. We%26#39;re following your advice and are staying two nights in the city walls (at Kyriad Avignon) and two nights at the Mas de Bonnety.





Merci!!!




|||



Sounds great Allegra. Be sure you are at the Kyriad IN the centre ville and not one of the ones on the outskirts of Avignon. Kyriad is a budget chain hotel, in case you didn%26#39;t know. Bonnety is five minutes from my house in a lovely setting.





Have a great time.




|||



Hello Allegra475



How was your stay in Kyriad and Mas de Bonnety in June ?





I am the owner of Mas de Capelou and I%26#39;ve just discovered your mail on trip advisor in March.



I hope you enjoyed your stay in Avignon and I just wish I read your questions earlier to convaince you to come and visit us. Maybe a next time



Cordially



Jean-Pierre




|||



We had a lovely time at the Mas de Bonnety! Provence was a dream come true for us. You can see my reviews that I posted last summer on both the Kyriad and the Mas de Bonnety. Next time we will be sure to look into the Capelou.



Merci!




|||



Toutou --





You seem very knowledgeable about the region. My husband and I were thinking of spending 4 nights right outside of Avignon, on the Ile de la Barthelasse. You mentioned in another message that you would not recommend staying on the Ile de la Barthelasse. Why not? It seems like it would be a good base to see both Avignon and the small towns in the surrounding region, n%26#39;est-ce pas? In particular, I was looking at a place called Domaine de Rhodes. Do you know it?





Any suggestions you have about where to stay would be most welcome.





Merci d%26#39;avance,



Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment