Thursday, March 29, 2012

? for those who have used Michael Osman

If any of you have taken a tour with Michael Osman when in Paris, what type of things did you do with him and how long did you spend with him? We have reserved him for our upcomming trip in October and I would love to know some of the things people have done with him.




|||



I think you should ask all those questions BEFORE you book a trip. Michael is a good guide and will take you where you want to go.




|||



Hi,





I have used Michael on three separate occasions and have done different things. The first time we were traveling with our kids (14 and 12) and went to Musee D%26#39;Orsay and Montmartre with Michael. Last year I was traveling with my seventy something mother and two kids who were 14 and 17 and we went to the Louvre and Montmartre. Last month my husband and I spent the day with Michael at the Cluny and the Latin Quarter.





EAch time, we saw other things along with what I listed as Michael is a font of information with some knowledge about seemingly everything. I usually had some idea of what kinds of things we wanted to do, but we usually emailed back and forth a little bit to figure it out. Michael%26#39;s greatest strength, I think, is that he tailors the day to your needs. When we were traveling with my kids, he really engaged them which made the day enjoyable for everyone. With my mother it was different. He took into account her limitations with walking ( she%26#39;s pretty slow) and really made sure she was engaged along with the kids. This time, it was like we were spending the day with a friend who was just knowledgeable about all of Paris.





You need to figure out what is important for you and Michael will take the idea and run with it. Just make sure you wear comfortable shoes as there is lots of walking although Michael makes liberal use of the buses to give you a break. I envy you having this to look forward to.





Enjoy,



Eve




|||



I echo the response from Eve. My wife and I, our family, and friends have been with Michael on several occasions. Each was different. Decide what is important to you and he will work with you. He will let you know the time frame required to see different locations and you can let him know whether you want to spend less or more time at different stops. Keep it flexible so you could add time to more interesting places. He has a wealth of information to share with you. And you will enjoy your trip more because of the day with him.



Bon Journee,



Tom




|||



I booked Michael twice. We did do one museum with him (Carnavalet) and he pointed out things I would have breezed right by. But, best was just wandering all over with him. Again, he took us into passages (not to be confused with the ones in all the tour guides), interior courtyards, hidden gardens, and buildings with stunning interiors we%26#39;d never have known about. His knowledge is amazing. He is so interesting and informative that we invited him to dinner both times.





He had a daily rate when we booked him, and would start as early and stay out as late as we wished. So, we started early and stayed out late!





Michael is very experienced and knows where to go. So, even if you don%26#39;t know what you%26#39;d like to do, he%26#39;ll have amazing suggestions and recommendations.




|||



Thanks for those of you who shared your experiences with Michael I look forward to my trip with him in October.




|||



Has anyone taken a tour of the Louvre with Michael Osman recently? What did he charge? How many hours was the tour? I am disappointed that he doesn%26#39;t put any prices on his site but requires emailing back and forth. I can understand that process for tours which he builds with you but for a tour of the Louvre or the D%26#39;Orsay, I would think there might be a basic tour fee.





Anyone%26#39;s insight is appreciated. Thanks.




|||



Michael Osman has a very reasonable daily rate, regardless of your requested itinerary. He%26#39;ll start as early and go as late as you like. (We treated him to lunch and dinner - he%26#39;s great company and can answer just about any question - for acquiring recommendations beyond the time we spent with him.)





I don%26#39;t know his current daily rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment