Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is this a good deal for airfare to Paris?

Delta reduced their fare for nonstop R/T ATL to CDG during the first week of November from $1067 to $915. Should I jump on it or wait 2 or 3 months? I know it%26#39;s a guessing game but I would appreciate your opinion/suggestion.



Thanks!




|||



This airfare sounds high to me for November.




|||



Unless there%26#39;s something interesting about your dates and they are not flexible, you can probably do much better than that.





Have you checked Kayak? 1800flyeurope?




|||



This sounds high to me also, try booking buddy or sidestep for fare comparisions.




|||



Thats way high. I just went from San Francisco to Paris, Paris to Rome. Rome back to SF for $500. Check Air France.




|||



Unfortunately, the dates are not flexible...already booked on a river cruise from Paris to Le Havre. I will search the sites you mentioned and probably wait for the fares to drop.



Thanks so much for your input!




|||



I nearly always book only on the airline%26#39;s website, but this spring I found a flight in September from Florida for $755 per person (incl taxes etc) on the 1800flyeurope.com site. I found a few longterm posters on TA and Fodors who used that site regularly so I went for it. Otherwise, fares for Sept were in the $1000+ range. The flight is on Delta except one leg on Air France.





I think you could wait a couple more months, and jump on something if you see for less...




|||



Not sure what sites you%26#39;ve surfed looking for fares but these two have seemed to be the best I%26#39;ve found, www.kayak.com and www.skyscanner.net . Usually can find amazing fares on them, because they check all the airlines websites in addition to the other sources of cheap flights. I booked am open jaw on American to Frankfurt/out of Madrid from Orlando Florida for 497$ total for may. Found that on kayak.




|||



******** Seabreeze, you%26#39;d better go look again.



Delta has ATL-CDG nonstop flights for $860-888 range, incl taxes etc. ***********





I just plunked in dates like 11/1 - 11/9, 11/3-11/9, 11/2-11/17... same results.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, today

No comments:

Post a Comment