Friday, March 23, 2012

PROBLEM? Missing Middle Name on Aegeanair ticket?



I don%26#39;t have my middle name on my Aegeanair flying out of Paris CDG to Athens and Santorini.





Aegeanair%26#39;s booking site only has 2 boxes to fill in 1. First Name 2. Last Name. So I fill in just those two (NO box for middle name or initial)





The credit card I used to purchase ticket doesn%26#39;t have my middle name either, just Serena M. Coronado.





Aegean Eticket states %26quot;Serena Coronado%26quot;



My USA passport states %26quot;Serena Marian Coronado%26quot;





In Europe, flying out of paris and ageanair in particular, is that okay to not have your middle name?





Like I said, no boxes on ageanair website for middle name or initial.





Information would help. Thank you soooo much




|||



I am sure you will be fine. My Northwest Airline, Air France or KLM tickets never have my middle name. You could always dig around on their website and see if they have a US toll free number.




|||



You will be ok. I had the same concern and was ok.




|||



Lotsa thanks.





I kinda guessed that FirstName/Last Name on airline ticket is okay even though passport has First/Middle/Last Name.




|||



That is no problem.




|||



I never use my middle name and the only place where that was an issue with paperwork was in China where they made a big deal of all three names





never had a problem in Europe with it




|||





I just heard about the new rule yesterday on my local news. I investigated for myself and this is what the TSA rules are, as of May 15. (I copied and pasted)









When does the full name requirement go into effect? When MUST my airline ticket match the name on my ID exactly?





Secure Flight requires that domestic aircraft operators request and collect full name as of May 15, 2009, and date of birth and gender as of August 15, 2009 for their domestic flights. For international flights, full name, date of birth, and gender must be requested and collected as of October 31, 2009. TSA has built some flexibility into the processes regarding passenger name accuracy. For the near future, small differences between the passenger’s ID and the passenger’s reservation information, such as the use of a middle initial instead of a full middle name or no middle name/initial at all, should not cause a problem for the passenger. Over time, passengers should strive to obtain consistency between the name on their ID and their travel information.




|||



TSA and Secure Flight requirements are not relevant if one%26#39;s travel plans do not include the USA.





In all my years of travel, I have never had an airline ticket (paper or e-ticket) that showed my middle name.




|||



SydneyNick and everyone, super thanks for the information.





I know, USA TSA rules don%26#39;t apply in Europe. I was just wondering if those countries, Greece, etc., have their own version of TSA-like rules.





I posted this question so I%26#39;d have information from you guys who had traveled to Europe. It will be my first time, so customarily I have no idea how it is over there.




|||



bummer





I have all sorts of travel booked without my middle name for this summer





hope that %26#39;collecting the information%26#39; and having full name on the ticket are not the same thing




|||



Hi -





There are many folks who have more than 2 Christian names. All those names appear on their passports, but never on any travel documents like tickets. The TSA haven%26#39;t thought their new rule through, clearly. They are simply assuming that people have only two names, and are going to have real difficulty handling the people who have been named after several different family members - like my cousin who was named after both his grandfathers, along with both his grandmothers%26#39; maiden names, along with his own primary Christian name. That%26#39;s 5 names that precede his hyphenated family name - and every one of them is on his US passport. I%26#39;m waiting to see what mayhem shall ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment